EUSEM 2019 YEMD OPEN CALL FOR SPEAKERS
DEADLINE: December 24th 2018 (included)
Dear Young Emergency Doctor, Nurse, Paramedic, Student,
Would you like to...
... speak at the biggest international emergency medicine conference in Europe?
... experience fantastic speakers and emergency specialists from all over the world?
... get exposure and be known in the vibrant european emergency medicine scene?
... be supported with travel- and hotel costs as well as free conference entrance?
So use this unique chance and be part of EuSEM 2019 in the spectacular city of Prague!
For that you just have to be a young doctor, paramedic or nurse and/or talk about a topic relevant to young doctors in emergency medicine.
Also, you should...
... be an energetic speaker.
... have a modern, visually appealing presentation.
... be ready to take over one or two talks and one moderation obligation.
... send us your topic suggestions. If you have an idea for a special format / way how to present, please send us these ideas too.
... be OK with us streaming and/or recording and publishing the lecture world wide (in special cases e.g. unpublished results parts of lectures can be not streamed / recorded)
We really encourage young and motivated speakers who are not perfect, but enthusiastic about their topic to apply. If you are unsure if you should apply - just do it!
The open call goes from December 3rd, until December 24th 2018.
The topics for the YEMD track include the following topics - your talk needs to fit in this topics:
- „Doing the basics rights“ (sometimes the basics are most important - tell us how and where we could improve; for ideas check the EuSEM curriculum)
- „Once in a lifetime“ (critical situations that might happen rarely but could be lifethreatening, like invasive emergency procedures)
- „Terrorism and armed conflict“ (experiences in conflic / terror scenarios, prevention and planning, toxicology in special circumstances)
- „Women in Emergency Medicine“ (show us more working in EM as a women, promoting equality etc.)
- „How to read, write and present“ (talking about presentation skills, novel teaching concepts / ideas, reading and writing scientic literature; also how to motivate young EM in research)
- „Young Leadership“ (being a young doctor in a leadership role is challenging, talking about recipes to dealing with ciris situations)
- „Surviving in...“ (Unique experiences in remote, wilderness, nautical, aviation medicine...)
- „Critical Skills“ (what skills are important and how can they be learnt or taught)
- „Wellbeing“ (how can we not only survive, but thrive in emergency medicine as a life long career?…)
- „Limited resources“ (how emergency medicine is practiced apart from the high-income countries. What are the unique challenges and solutions we can all learn from?)
- „Innovative Concepts“ (Did you / your department / organization develop a unique or innovative concept to further emergency medicine? Show it to us, so we all can learn from you!)
- If you have a very interesting topic that does not fit any of the above, please explain your idea and it‘s relevance in a few short sentences!
In the email you are sending us please include ALL of the following:
- A short CV
- Picture of you (could be included in the CV)
- Content / titel for your suggested talks (please suggest at least 2 talks!), explain your talk in a few concise sentences
- Topic where you talks would fit in
- Either a video of one of your previous talks or a PDF of slides from one of your previous talks.
That‘s it! We would love for you to apple - simply send us a quick email with the above information to email@example.com .
If you have any questions, email us too - anytime.
If you are unsure about the presentation style - we want both quality of content and a good visual presentation. Some inspirations could be „TED-Talks“, a medically oriented talk by the fabulous Cliff Reid: „Getting Things Done“ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXAMlCwQAyY).
The foremost criteria for selection are quality and content of the talk, therefore we urge you to send us some sort of example of one of your previous talks (see above).
To promote equality we especially encourage women and speakers from less wealthy countries to apply.
The YEMD EUSEM 2019 Scientific Committee