Monday 10 Sept. – 12:55 to 13:55
Is it possible to safely rule-out myocardial infarction within 15 minutes of a single blood-draw on arrival at the ED?
The state-of-the-art appraisal of point of care troponin tests and a glimpse of the future.
Moderator: Rick Body (UK), Paul Jarvis (UK)
Presenter: Martin P. Than (New Zealand)
NOAC reversal: A new landscape of reduced risk
Topic: Antithrombotic therapy and reversal agents
- NOACs: the current landscape.
John Camm (UK)
- Management of patients on NOACs: trauma experiences.
Sylvia Haas (Germany)
- Examining NOAC reversal agents.
Deepa Arachchillage (UK)
- Completing the Picture of NOAC Reversal: Factor Xa Reversal.
Alexander Cohen (UK)
Tuesday 11 Sept. – 12:55 to 13:55
Optiflow™ Nasal High Flow Across the care continuum
- Evaluate the emerging and clinically significant applications for NHF therapy in the Emergency Department setting.
Jonathan Millar (UK)
- Review the current evidence for Nasal High Flow (NHF) therapy, including its mechanisms of action.
John Fraser (Australia)
Transforming Pain Management in Emergency Settings
Penthrox (methoxyflurane), the Missing Link?
- Welcome and introduction.
Karim Tazarourte (France)
- Time for Fast, Effective Analgesia.
Frédéric Lapostolle (France)
- Inhaled Methoxyflurane: A New Standard of Care?
Alberto Borobia (Spain), Sergio Garcia (Spain)
- Value of Inhaled Methoxyflurane in Clinical Practice.
Hugo Dowd (UK)
Karim Tazarourte (France)
The clinical utility of high sensitive troponin in the acute setting
Session Chair: Rick Body (UK)
- The benefits of accelerated algorithms of high sensitive troponin.
Raphael Twerenbold (Switzerland)
- The clinical value of high sensitive troponin in the emergency department in the UK.
Edward Carlton (UK)
- Getting the international perspective – the first high sensitive troponin test in the US.
Frank Peacock (US)
Boussignac CPAP: Why and How to use it ?
- CPAP, background & physiology.
Patrick Plaisance (France)
- To be announced
Abdo Khoury (France)
- The take home message.
Nicolas Peschanski (France)
Hands-On - Exhibition (Hall 5)
This year, EUSEM gives congress delegates the opportunity to attend 30-minute hands-on sessions in the exhibition hall, where sponsors will showcase their products and/or devices. Two sponsors will share this area at the same time and only a few delegates will have the chance to get first-hand experience during these demonstrations. Capacities will be limited for each session.
Sunday 09 Sept
Monday 10 Sept
|10:40||GE HEALTHCARE||SMITH & NEPHEW|
|15:40||VYGON||THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC|
Tuesday 11 Sept
|10:40||ABBOTT|| CLARIUS MOBILE HEALTH
Wednesday 12 Sept